Copyright (c) (copr) all rights reserved by TJH Internet SP and
Earth Operations Central. All comments are strictly my unsupported opinion
unless based upon promotional blurb extracted from the websites linked
herein. This is by no means an exhaustive nor definitive list, and no particular
recommendation nor assurance of solvency or utility is to be inferred from a
There is no truth whatsoever to the rumor that I am the
remaining undiscovered legitimate heir to the fortune of Howard Hughes. Well, okay, so it
might be true. But I haven't seen any of the money yet. But when I do
get my hands on it, these are some of the places I'll be looking at with an
eye to investment. Of course, I might always consider
Advertising & Publicity |
Banks (predominantly US banks) |
Exchanges & Quotes |
The Marketplace |
International Banking |
InterNetWorking Page Also see the InterNetWorked Business Solutions Page.
- The United Stated Department of the
- Bureau of Economic Analysis.
This is the nation's economic accountant--compiles data that illuminate key
national, international, and regional aspects of the U.S. economy.
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp (Federal).
Take a look at the United States Securities
& Exchange Commission. Also see their EDGAR (electronic data-gathering,
retrieval and analysis) system. Also see Trade Resources from the US
International Trade Commission. Try StockMaster. Try The Public Register's Annual Report
Exchanges & Quotes
National Association of Securitiess Dealers
- American Stock Exchange.
- NASDAQ Stock Market.
- New York Stock Exchange.
- Dow Jones Telerate.
- All of Dow-Jones
- ILX Systems. "One of the largest
providers of financial information systems to security firms, banks and
asset managers." They have a very nice financial-information
See also this very interesting site, Online Investing Sourcebook.
Investments and Brokerages
- Bankers Trust.
- The Copeland Comanies. Primarily
concerned with retirement planing. A subsidiary of the Travelers Group, Inc.
- Disclosure. An invaluable
resource, Disclosure has online analysts'-tools and services which can
return information on SEC filings, global-corporation holdings, and other
timely and useful investment intelligence.
- Dun & Bradstreet Information
Services. Need I say more? Explore this site for all of the information
you're likely to need concerning business and investment.
- Federated Investors,
Inc."Mutual Funds Built to Stand the Test of Time"
- Goldman Sachs. A full-service global
investments and banking firm. Very old and very big.
- The Investment Company Institute. A
national trade association representing mutual funds. The combined
membership has about 6000 funds with assets of about three trillion dollars
- Lehman Brothers " is a global leader in the fields of investment banking and
fixed income and equity capital markets, serving the financial needs of
corporations, institutions, governments and high net worth investors
- Merrill Lynch. A very
- J.P. Morgan. Capital, Market
Strategy, Asset Management. An old and reputable firm.
- Morgan Stanley & Company
Inc. A global Financial Services firm with a large and diversified
clientele. Extremely big money. Take a good look at their Global Economic Forum pages.
- The Mutual Group.
Financial planning, insurance, etc. Canadian primarily.
- Schwab. Brokerage and investors
information, tools, and management.
- T. Rowe Price. Fund
International Banking and
- Department of Foreign Affairs
and International Trade.
- Export Development Corporation.
- International Development Research
- International or Pan-American
- Inter-America Development Bank.
- International Finance Corporation.
- US Export-Import Bank. They have an
excellent page full of Financial
- US Global Export Market
Information System (GEMS).
- US International Trade
- The WorldBank Group.
The Marketplace and Insurance
National Association of Insurance
Accounting, Risk and Asset Management
- American Council of Life Insurance.
- American Insurance Association.
- Bowne & Company, Inc.,
Financial Printers. Records, presentations, corporate histories, etc.
- Datalytics. Internet Business
Solutions, and I do believe they really mean business. Dedicated to staying
on the cutting edge!
- FactSet provides datasets and
- Fitch Investors Service, L.P.,
a full-service credit-rating agency providing ratings and research on
taxable and tax-exempt bond issues. An old and reputable firm.
- The Hartford. Insurance for
every entity from personal to municipality or transnational.
- Investment Company Institute Network.
Investment Information for their members.
- The Key Partners Life Insurance
- Market Vision: Enterprise
information management for the financial community. Real-time data,
- The Prudential. Life
insurance, home insurance, healthcare.
- Prudential Securities Virtual
- Security APL, Inc., supplies
portfolio management and services.
- Ernst & Young LLP.
This page will tell you all of the services they offer, accounting,
auditing, taxes, management, etc. Very big firm.
- Deloitte & Touche LLP.
Accounting/auditing, tax and management cunsulting services.
- Smith, Bucklin & Associates.
World's largest association management and professional services firm.
Executive management, consulting, marketing, administrative services.
- Go to the Business MetaIndex Page.
- Visit the Earth Operations Central
- Go to the EarthOps Homepage.